To find out more about the charity and the position feel free to get in touch.
Objective of the Position:
To provide an efficient and effective service in managing a London based charity and its subsidiaries on an operational basis. This role will be the driving force operationally, and will involve aligning the charity’s vision, ethos, aims and mission with the reports generated in order to create a strategy for the Trustees to help inform their decision making. To regularly check the charity is fulfilling it’s aims and is on track to achieving its goals. To be flexible, creative and have a positive attitude in dealing with all stakeholders.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the operational and strategic goals on a daily basis.
- Work closely with the Trustees and Managers of subsidiaries in promoting the vision, mission, ethos, values and strategic aims.
- Implement processes that help to improve standards, and monitor and review the success of goals, and effectiveness of the charity and its employees and their adherence to policies.
- Have special regard and protect the good name and assets of the Founder and charity.
- Establish community confidence in all areas of the charities work, engaging with the subsidiaries to ensure that all staff strive to support the Foundation’s reputation.
- Avoid negative publicity and work diligently to ensure the charities reputation.
- Be aware of challenges affecting the charity, identifying strengths and weaknesses, developing appropriate strategies in line with the objectives of the charity, and presenting conclusions and recommendations to the Trustees in a timely manner.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality with all aspects of work.
- Ensure all departments are compliant with all the legal obligations, and are up to date.
- Collate, draft and present essential policies and documents across all of the areas and services provided by the charity for formal approval by the Trustees, and create a timetable for review.
- Prepare, manage and track the budget, ensuring its financial health, having regard to revenue, operating expenses, capital expenses and employee expenses.
- Work with the charity’s legal advisors in managing the contracts and legal requirements of staffing.
- Any other task or project that the Trustees need the role to deliver.
Person Specification Skills
Essential Qualification & Training Evidence:
- Evidence of relevant training
- Management experience
- Knowledge of working with and maintaining budgets
- High level of competency in ICT (Email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise work
- Ability to interpret and implement new legislation, policies and initiatives
- Ability to demonstrate sound organisational skills, work under pressure and determine priorities to meet deadlines
- Be confident, positive and approachable
- Be flexible and adaptable
- Be professional, calm and act with courtesy at all times
- Have excellent time management skills.
- Maintain personal workload and ensure a healthy work/ life balance.
Desirable Skills & Attributes:
- Evidence of attending a management or business course
- High level management experience
- Business experience
- PR experience
- Public speaking skills
- An interest in working for a charity
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £55,000.00-£75,000.00 per year